Description
A 900 horsepower offering using the 567C engine from EMD, the SW900 was built from 1954 to 1965. Conrail acquired two groups when it was formed in 1976. The first had numbers in the 8628 to 8663 and consisted of former PC, LV and Raritan River (acquired in 1980) units, while the second group were former Reading units in the 8701 to 8721 block. The former RDG units were rebuilt by EMD from older switchers, the 8701 to 8715 rebuilt from VO660's and the 8716 to 8721 rebuilt from SW's. Removed from the CR roster by 1995, many are still in use on industrials within the US and Canada.
Displaying 1 - 44 of 44 images in this gallery