Description

The 1901 Central Railroad of New Jersey shops at Elizabethport serviced Conrail freight, and passenger locomotives under contract to NJDOT, from the early days of Conrail until the turnover of all NJ commuter operations to NJ Transit on January 1, 1983.

During that time, Conrail's freight units, in both predecessor paint and CR blue, were seen at the shops alongside former CNJ GP40P's, EL U34CH's, and PC E-units with their evolving NJ Transit paint schemes.

Displaying 1 - 40 of 40 images in this gallery