Former CNJ GP-7 1524 (CR 5902) undergoing service outside the Elizabethport locomotive shops in November, 1978.
The November 1952-built GP-7 operated as part of CR's contracted commuter service with NJDOT. Repainted into NJDOT colors in 1978, the old EMD unit continued in CR-contracted commuter service until January 1, 1983 when NJ Transit took over passenger operations from CR. Coming under ownership of NJ Transit, the GP-7 served NJ commuters until retirement in 1993.
NJ Transit donated the GP-7 to the United Railroad Historical Society, and in 1996, the locomotve was repainted to original green and yellow CNJ livery by the Jersey Central RHS, Inc.