Description

ALCO built the 1,500hp RS-2 from October, 1946 -May, 1950 and the 1,600hp RS-3 from May, 1950 -August, 1956. The ALCO 12-cylinder 244B prime mover powered the RS-2 while the 244D powered the RS-3. The initial CR roster listed RS-2's as 5200-5217 for inherited EL and LV units, and listed RS-3's as 5229-5593 for inherited CNJ, EL, LV, and PC units. These units were all either rebuilt as RS3ms, or retired by the early 1980s.

Displaying 1 - 60 of 113 images in this gallery