Description
Opened by the PRR in 1956 as the Sam Rea shops, the Hollidaysburg Car Shop was the largest car repair facility on Conrail, capable of performing any repair imaginable, as well as constructing new freight cars from the frame up. Over the years, Hollidaysburg churned out thousands of new and rebuilt cars for Conrail, including G52L, R, and X coalporters, G52M, N, P, and Q gondolas, G52U CoilSHIELD coil cars, and B62D auto boxcars, just to name a few noteworthy classes.
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 images in this gallery