Conrail/Penn Central F40 Heavy-duty flatcar is seen westbound at BENNY Interlocking. Originally built as a one-car class by the PRR in 1954, the car was built to a capacity of 500,000 lbs, though PRR equipment diagrams indicate the car could hold an additional 4 tons if the weight of the load was concentrated on the center 24' of the well. It featured a 30' long well, 8'10" wide, 3'-7" above the top of rail. The car was 92'-8 1/2" long over strikers.
Conrail Road Number
Predecessor Paint Scheme