Former CNJ GP-7 1524 (CR 5902) at Elizabethport in July, 1977.
The November 1952-built GP-7 operated as part of CR's contracted commuter service with NJDOT. Repainted into NJDOT colors in 1978, the old EMD unit continued in CR-contracted commuter service until January 1, 1983 when NJ Transit took over passenger operations from CR. Coming under ownership of NJ Transit, the GP-7 served NJ commuters until retirement in 1993. Following donation by NJ Transit to the United Railroad Historical Society, the ancient EMD was repainted to original green and yellow CNJ livery in 1996 by the Jersey Central RHS, Inc.